Well-made, high quality beaded jewelry will certainly come with some degree of durability. However, it’s important not to assume that it’s indestructible. Be careful of how you wear and store your beads. Beaded jewelry requires special care to avoid damage and deterioration. Here are a few tips to consider.
- Always put your bracelet on by rolling it over your hand up to your wrist. Avoid excessive stretching and pulling.
- Store your bracelets flat. Hanging them may stretch the elastic band.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures and direct sunlight.
- Do not sleep in your bracelets.
- Keep your bracelet away from cosmetic products, water, soap, etc. Doing so will keep your elastic band from degrading over time. If your beads become soaking wet, it is best to use cool air (blow dryer or fan) to dry them.